Our Electroluminescent technology (DIGITEL™) is coolest thing you can create with a Gerber EDGE®! With ZeroNine's Digitel material you can compete against other illumination signage (Neon, LED, backlit), make illuminating point of purchase graphics, invent a new product, or use it for designer applications.
ZeroNine's Digitel is different from all other materials and technologies because it can be cut to almost any shape, custom animated (like the FrogSkin example below), made within hours not days, and produced in small quantities ranging from 1, 5 or 100 units, and we made it simple enough for you to do it yourself!
We sell the materials for you to make your own illuminating graphics, or we can produce them at ZeroNine for you. The choice is yours. Call us at 800-325-0911 for a quote.
Digitel by Printexs is the easiest, cheapest, and most beautiful way to make lighted signage. Digitel material is flexible enough to be mounted on a round column or pillar, thin enough to hang on a wall like a poster, versatile enough to add colors, animation, or custom die cutting and is also considered the one of the most efficient forms of lighting. Combining these advantages with your creativity will result in endless and amazing possiblities.
Digitel™ is specifically designed for short run applications like prototypes, unique uses, or small batch (>200 units) orders. Traditional Electroluminescent (EL) lights have always been screen-printed (usually overseas), which limits your choices in sizes, quantities, leadtimes, and capabilities unless you want to pay setup fees north of $1000. Until our Digitel™ product was invented, there has never been a way to digitally print your own lighted graphics.
ZeroNine's Digitel Lighting product line is absolutely the coolest thing that has ever come out of a Gerber EDGE® printer. You can have a custom lighted sign within minutes not weeks! At first you may think this isn't possible but using the special Digitel substrate and the special conductive ribbon together and you can make some really impressive and attractive art.
To do it yourself:
Gerber EDGE® thermal transfer printer
Hot laminator that can heat to 175°F for top and bottom, &
enVision Plotter Cutter or another throughcut system
To have us do it:
Call ZeroNine @ (800) 325-0911 to get a quote or email us at email@example.com.
Know your quantities,
number of animations, approximate size, number of colors, length of wire, who will design it, and how it will be mounted.
Screenprinted Electroluminescent (EL) technology can be found in many common day-to-day applications like wrist watches, cell phones, night lights, remote controls, POP signage, and even vehicle dashboards. In many situations EL can be substituted for light boxes, LCD, LED, and even Neon lights. However, our Digitel technology isn't screenprinted so our technology isn't bound by long leadtimes, large quantities, or high setup fees.
- Consumes very little power and can be powered by AC or DC power sources
- Measures 15 mils thick and can fit into narrow sleeves/grooves or flexed around pillars or vehicles
- Can be custom die cut to almost any shape imaginable
- Carries no known shelf life (expiration date)
- Doesn't give off radiant heat so it is safer than other lighting methods
- Our system was designed for the non-electrician. No soldering needed to make your connections
- It's super easy! Design it on the computer, print it out, and hook it up to illuminate it!
- You can custom animate your graphics (illuminate different areas at different times). Up to 13 in fact
- Our software package allows you to easily program your own graphic sequence
- Hundreds of overlay colors to choose from. ZeroNine does after all sell colors for the Gerber EDGE®
- Ages only when ON. To add life, flash it 50% of the time to prolong life 50% and get more attention
- Ages over time instead of dramatic failure or burn out like christmas lights or channel letters.
Our Digitel product line is simple to use and is designed with beginners in mind. All that is needed is our Digitel material and our special conductive thermal transfer ribbon. When the conductive ribbon is printed onto the Digitel material, the reverse side of the material lights up when you apply power to it. It's that simple!
Digitel™ Substrate + Conductive Ribbon = Lighted Graphic
Not convinced? Download our assembly instructions to see the step by step process for making the graphic overlay, printing the Digitel material, laminating, cutting, wiring, and even designing your animation sequence.